📞 Call our team on 01576 204 963 📞
Competition Terms & Conditions
FarmFit Competition Terms & Conditions
This page lays out the terms & conditions applicable to any competitions, prize draws, or other promotions, run by FarmFit, or by any third party on behalf of FarmFit.
Current Competition Specific Terms & Conditions
Multi-Prize Giveaway running at the Royal Highland Show, 22nd - 25th June 2023
- By participating in this competition, any entrants are agreeing to the FarmFit Standard Competition Terms & Conditions (see below).
- This competition is only open during the Royal Highland Show, running 22nd-25th June 2023 at Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, Edinburgh, EH28 8NB, and closes at 5pm on Monday 26th June 2023.
- Entry is only by successful completion of a webform, which can be found at https://www.farmfituk.com/#rhs2023. QR codes will be displayed at the event; any potential entrants should scan this with their mobile device and they will be taken to the entry form.
- The prizes include:
- A Yeti Roadie 24 cooler in limited edition Harvest Red.
- A Harkila Orton waterproof jacket - for men, it will an Orton Tech jacket, for women it will be an Orton Packable jacket. The winner's responsibility to let us know which one is suitable for them.
- A Ridgeline jacket, the exact model of which is to be confirmed.
- A Grassmen bundle, consisting of a polo shirt and a hoodie of the winner's choice.
FarmFit Standard Competition Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured in any publications, online services and events that are attended or organised by FarmFit (or a third party on FarmFit’s behalf).
- By entering a competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
- FarmFit may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- Competition Entry
- Entrants must be 18 or over to enter and residents of the UK. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
- Subsidiaries of FarmFit Limited
- Companies sharing common directors with FarmFit
- Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and videos, and FarmFit’s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Entries are limited to one-per-person, no matter the entrance method used. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition. Automated entries, bulk entries, and entries using any third-party, will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple email accounts, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
a) Web entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details required. Fields that are optional are clearly marked; all others are required and entries will be invalid if these fields are not completed. In the event that entrants are required to pay to enter online (such as with a purchase promotion), entrants will need to use the relevant payment service indicated in the competition information, and may need to open an account and register to pay for online entry to the competition. Online entry costs will be as indicated in the competition information. Entrants must read and accept the terms and conditions relating to the online entry pay service before proceeding with such a web entry.
b) Email entry
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, e-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an email with the information indicated in the competition information and to the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries. Entrants may receive a message confirming their entry to the competition.
c) Entry via Social Network Sites
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, Social Network Site entrants may enter the competition by responding with the information indicated in the competition details, or by posting their answer within their comment, or by liking/sharing content posted by FarmFit. There is no charge for such entries.
d) Entry at Shows and Events
Where a competition or promotion is run to coincide with an Event or Agricultural Show attended or hosted by FarmFit, there may be multiple methods of entry. Where the entry is performed on the Web, the conditions set out in 2.4.a) apply. Where entry is made by completion of a printed entry slip, entries must be legible and must be placed by the entrant into the competition box. FarmFit cannot be held liable or responsible for entries that are not placed in the competition box, such as those handed to a staff member. These is no charge for such entries.
- a) Web entry
- Neither FarmFit nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by FarmFit or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, or not received by FarmFit will be void.
- FarmFit reserves the right to cancel and delete any content we deem insensitive or contrary to our editorial policy.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of FarmFit shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- FarmFit will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where FarmFit decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. FarmFit reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition.
- Entrants can withdraw their entry from any competition, prize draw, or promotion, at any time by emailing email@example.com or by sending a private message on the Social Network they entered with.
- The prize is as specified in the competition information.
- FarmFit's use or particular brands as prizes does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of said brands.
- Winners will be chosen by a random method, such as:
a) Electronic Entries, including email, social media, and webforms
Where a competition has used electronic entries, all entrants will be added to a closed database (an Excel spreadsheet) and a random number generator will be used to pick the winner. This database may be kept for up to 7 years for our records, after which it will be deleted. It will not be shared with any third parties, or used for any purpose except that of choosing the competition winner.
b) Printed Entries
Where a competition has used printed entries, all valid entries will be placed into a "hat" (e.g. a bowl, box, or bucket) and the winner will be chosen at random by a member of our staff. The entries will be kept in a secure location for a period of up to 7 years for our records, after which they will be securely destroyed. They will not be shared with any third parties.
- a) Electronic Entries, including email, social media, and webforms
- FarmFit's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- FarmFit will attempt to notify the winner within 7 days after the closing date, or as otherwise indicated in the competition information, and where time is of the essence for such a period as FarmFit shall in its absolute discretion deem reasonable. The winner will be contacted by the phone number or email address they have provided when entering the competition, or through the private messaging system of the social network they used to enter the competition. FarmFit will make no more than two attempts to contact the winner. The winner will have 14 days, measured from the second contact attempt, in which to claim his or her prize. If FarmFit is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the 14 day period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and FarmFit reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
- Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in FarmFit’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the Competition at FarmFit’s sole discretion.
- FarmFit reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of FarmFit that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
- FarmFit reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- FarmFit shall try to deliver the prize to the winner within 28 working days (which will be calculated from the date the winner is notified that they have won), unless otherwise specified to the winner or otherwise detailed in the Competition specific conditions. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, FarmFit reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
- In relation to all competitions, the first name, surname, and company or geographic area of the winner may be published by FarmFit and entrants grant to FarmFit a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
- Data Protection and Publicity
- FarmFit shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
- The entrants details may be passed on to a third party for the sole purpose of prize allocation & delivery, but only with the entrants consent.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit FarmFit’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, FarmFit cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. FarmFit is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
- FarmFit cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of FarmFit. FarmFit will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- General Terms
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, FarmFit shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and FarmFit reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by FarmFit including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- The promoter of the competition is FarmFit, Unit 1, Kellwood Business Park, Kellwood Road, Dumfries, DG1 4HF.
Return to our general Terms & Conditions