TRAINEE INTERNAL DESIGN TECHNICIAN
Reporting To: Internal Fit-Out Designer
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 5 pm (40hpw)
FarmFit is a family business with unrivalled experience at the heart of the agricultural industry. Our Head Office and yard is based in Lockerbie. We deliver products and provide our full design, fitting and installation service throughout the U.K. Sustaining the family values we were founded on as we continue to expand, providing our customers with a first-class service and empowering our fantastic team is always at the heart of what we do.
PURPOSE OF JOB
FarmFit is looking to recruit a Trainee Internal Design Technician to support and work alongside the Design team. This role will be responsible for undertaking all drawing work required for projects; which includes installation layouts for shed internals, fabrication drawings and will also provide support to both the FarmFit & Design team. As this is a trainee position, full training will be given to the successful candidate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The key duties and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to
• Undertake drawing work; 2D & 3D internal layouts and basic fabrication drawings.
• When required, carry out checks on finished products against fabrication drawings.
• Ensure drawings are compliant with industry and health & safety standards and protocols.
• Assist colleagues, clients, customers and contractors with drawing work as required and directed from the FarmFit team.
• Maintain accurate sales and account records using the company’s CRM system and internal computer system.
• Arrange for the safe and secure disposal of confidential information and records under GDPR.
• Liaise with clients, customers, contractors and suppliers to ensure effective capture of data arising from telephone calls/emails and correspondence.
• Maintain an appropriate and effective level of knowledge of the company’s activities, products, services, and priorities.
• Support the FarmFit Manager to manage complaints and customer feedback taking ownership and responsibility to respond to complaints positively and professionally.
Design Team Support
• Contribute effectively to the team so it functions in a cohesive high performing way and consistently achieves targets and meets customer expectations.
• Provide a support service for the team including drawing related filing in a timeous manner, data management, maintaining the digital filing systems.
• Be proactive in suggesting improvements to the setup and operation of procedures and systems to ensure the efficient operation of the service.
• Undertake ad hoc duties for both the FarmFit & Design teams as required.
• Experience of using CAD software such as AutoCAD.
• Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Able to read, interpret and generate drawings.
• Strong organisational and excellent communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to resolve problems.
• Able to work as part of a team or independently.
• Accurate with attention to detail.
• Previous experience as a CAD Technician within the Construction Industry. Experience in other industries and disciplines will be considered.
• Knowledge of the agricultural industry.
• 28 days holiday entitlement (inc. bank & public holidays).
• Holiday purchase scheme.
• Workplace pension.
• Christmas shutdown.
• Discounts on selected items in the on-site FarmFit shop
• Free on-site parking.
• Training & development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you have the right skills and personal qualities for this vacancy, please apply with a cover letter and CV to email@example.com today!
All applicants will receive an application confirmation email. If you do not receive an email within three working days from the application date, please contact us on the number provided below.
For informal queries relating to this position, please contact our recruitment team on 01576 228 888.